The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property : Papers of Mahlon C. Mohr, 1941-1954
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property : Papers of Mahlon C. Mohr, 1941-1954
- Inclusive dates
- Insurance policies -- New York | New York
- Insurance, Life -- Virginia | Norfolk
- Mohr, Florence H
- Insurance, Property. -- Virginia | Norfolk
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Personal property -- Virginia
- State government records -- Virginia
- Insurance policies -- Virginia | Norfolk
- Insurance, Fire -- New York | New York
- Mohr, Mahlon C
- Mohr, Florence E
- Escheat -- Virginia
- New York. -- Buildings, structures, etc
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 42943) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 955459 contains six life insurance policies in the name of Mahlon C. Mohr, dated 22 March 1943, 22 March 1944, 24 September 1948, 17 January 1949, and 1 August 1949; three life insurance policies in the name of Florence E. Mohr [Florence H. is also used in other documents], dated 20 January 1941, 10 November 1947, and 25 August 1947; one household inventory dated 16 January 1945; shipment and storage receipt dated 23 May 1942; warehouse receipts dated 26 March 1942 and 27 May 1943; invoices dated 18 December 1942, 27 November 1944, 24 January 1945, 5 December 1944, and 6 December 1944 [invoices appear to be for household inventory purposes]; one family protection policy for items housed in Norfolk, Va., dated 25 September 1950; and one fire insurance policy for property located at 300 Central Park West, in New York City, dated 26 March 1951
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property : Papers of Mahlon C. Mohr, 1941-1954
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property : Papers of Mahlon C. Mohr, 1941-1954
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/3clUZHRQ5cI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/3clUZHRQ5cI/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property : Papers of Mahlon C. Mohr, 1941-1954</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...