The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL
- !UNKNOWN LABEL
- Estate inventories -- Virginia | Grayson County
- Grayson County (Va.) -- History -- 18th century
- Estate records -- Virginia | Grayson County
- Grayson County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Genealogies -- Virginia | Grayson County
- Wills -- Virginia | Grayson County
- Appraisals -- Virginia | Grayson County
- Decedents' estates -- Virginia | Grayson County
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Grayson County
- Abstracts of Grayson County, Virginia, will book 1, 1795-1839, compiled by John P. Alderman of Hillsville, Virginia, consisting of abstracts of wills, estate records, estate accounts, inventories, appraisals, sales, settlements, and assignments of dower. Also includes an index
- Additional physical form
- Microfilm, Grayson County Reel 9.
- Biographical or historical data
- John Perry Alderman was born 22 July 1935 in Hillsville, Virginia to John Alderman and Elizabeth Alderman. He graduated from Hillsville High School and Emory and Henry College. Alderman graduated from the University of Virginia law school in 1958 and joined his father's practice in Hillsville. He served as Commonwealth's Attorney for eighteen years before being appointed U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Virginia in 1981. Alderman resigned from that position in 1990, returning to private practice in Hillsville. Alderman married Marion Allen and they had two children. He died 1 July 1995 in Hillsville, and was buried in Wilkinson Memorial Cemetery.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Grayson County, Virginia, will book 1, 1795-1839, abstract
ContextContext of !UNKNOWN LABEL
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work !UNKNOWN LABEL
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/3ozQmmMdfZY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/3ozQmmMdfZY/">!UNKNOWN LABEL</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...