The Resource 1831-1851
- Inclusive dates
- Local government records -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Taverns (Inns) -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Ledgers (account books) -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Business records -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Captain William Smith's Tavern (Charlotte County, Va.)
- Smith, William
- Alcoholic beverages -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Ledgers, 1831-1851, of Captain William Smith's Tavern list the accounts of individual customers. The ledgers record in chronological order the amount owed and the amount paid for drinks, meals, care of horses, lodging and other expenses. Payments were made by cash, by barter such as oats and hay, and by labor such as hauling ice and barrels of whiskey. Drinks served include beer, whiskey, brandy, wine, and cider
- Biographical or historical data
- Captain William Smith owned a tavern located in the town of Charlotte Court House during the mid-nineteenth century.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1831-1851
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1831-1851
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/3ptfBlz6BXw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/3ptfBlz6BXw/">1831-1851</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...