The Resource Vouchers, 1861-1865
- Vouchers, 1861-1865
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Agencies of State Government - Boards and Committees. Auditing Board
- This series contain vouchers for expenses incurred in the defense of the state and submitted to the auditor by the board
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- The state government faced serious problems mobilizing for war after Virginia seceded from the Union on 17 April 1861. The secession convention passed an ordinance on 27 April creating a board of commissioners to audit and settle all accounts for expenses incurred in defense of the state. The ordinance was repealed on 30 April when a new ordinance of a more comprehensive nature was passed. The board continued in operation until the end of the war.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 109
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Vouchers, 1861-1865
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Vouchers, 1861-1865
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/3xiwgD_c5Rg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/3xiwgD_c5Rg/">Vouchers, 1861-1865</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...