The Resource Hopkins and Harris Daybook and Ledger, 1851-1852
- Hopkins and Harris Daybook and Ledger, 1851-1852
- Inclusive dates
- Barter. -- Virginia | Fluvanna County
- Daybooks -- Virginia | Fluvanna County
- Fluvanna County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Hopkins and Harris (Fluvanna County, Va.)
- Local government records -- Virginia | Fluvanna County
- Business records -- Virginia | Fluvanna County
- Consumer goods -- Virginia | Fluvanna County
- General stores -- Virginia | Fluvanna County
- Ledgers (account books) -- Virginia | Fluvanna County
- Hopkins and Harris Daybook, 1851 Nov.-1852 Oct., records transactions as they occurred on a daily basis. Information found in each entry includes name of customer, items purchased, and the amount owed. Merchandise sold include bales of cotton, shoes, whiskey, molasses, jugs, nails, pocket knives, and cheese. Page numbers associated with each entry correspond with page numbers in ledger. Additional found in daybook includes an inventory of goods sold by Hopkins and Harris in October 1852. Entries list quantity and total cost of each item. Item in poor condition due to damaged spine
- Hopkins and Harris Ledger Number 1, 1852, records the accounts of individual customers. Each account lists transactions in chronological order. Information found in the accounts includes items purchased and the amount owed and paid. Payments made by cash, barter such as shingles, pork, and tobacco, or labor such as building a stable. Page numbers associated with each entry correspond with page numbers in daybook
- Biographical or historical data
- Hopkins and Harris was a general store that conducted business in Fluvanna County during the mid-nineteenth century.
- Fluvanna County takes its name from an eighteenth-century designation of the upper James River. The name, meaning river of Anne, was originally bestowed in honor of Queen Anne of England. The county was formed from Albemarle County in 1777. The county seat is Palmyra.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Hopkins and Harris Daybook and Ledger, 1851-1852
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Hopkins and Harris Daybook and Ledger, 1851-1852
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/4IvXHHkulS8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/4IvXHHkulS8/">Hopkins and Harris Daybook and Ledger, 1851-1852</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...