The Resource 1838-1919
- Inclusive dates
- Records of the Valley Turnpike Company of Winchester, Frederick County, Virginia, consisting of minute books, a letter book, and financial ledgers containing estimates, tolls received, unpaid dividends, and stock certificates. There are also loose receipts, corporate budget drafts, and business correspondence
- SERIES I. Minute books, 1838-1919. Comprises four volumes, 11 June 1838-22 October 1884, 21 October 1885-11 Feburary 1910, 31 May 1910-26 January 1917, and 22 March 1917-31 December 1919, containing the minutes of the company's board of directors
- SERIES II. Financial ledgers and files, 1839-1918. There are eleven volumes including daybook, 1843-1865; estimates issued and returned, 1858-1867, 1867-1882, 1882-1893, and 1893-1909; ledger, 1844-1861 and 1905-1908; record of stock certificates, 1839-1861; record of tolls received, 1881-1911; record of unpaid dividends, 1859-1863; and stock transfer book, 1840-1918. There are also copies of proposed budgets and loose receipts
- SERIES III. Letter book and correspondence, 1839-1918. Contains one letter book, 21 June 1839-17 December 1869, containing correspondence with state auditors and other business persons concerning the Valley Turnpike Company's operations. There is also loose correspondence, 1917-1918, concerning the company's business
- Biographical or historical data
- The Valley Turnpike Company was incorporated by an act of the General Assembly passed March 24, 1838, to construct "a M'Adamized road" from Winchester in Frederick County to Staunton in Augusta County, Virginia. The company was dissolved in 1919.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1838-1919
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1838-1919
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/4OVqr7C4a5g/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/4OVqr7C4a5g/">1838-1919</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...