The Resource 1832-1876
- Inclusive dates
- Morriss, Marion M, 1845-1918
- Mathematics -- Problems, exercises, etc
- Farm management -- Virginia | Washington County -- 19th century
- Personal papers
- Washington County (Va.) -- Climate | Observations
- Morriss family
- Smith family
- Diaries -- Virginia | Washington County
- Agriculture -- Virginia | Washington County -- 19th century
- Meteorology -- Observations
- Smith, Parker, 1789-1869
- Washington County (Va.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century
- Diaries, covering the years 1832-1876, of Parker Smith, and later Marion M. Morriss, both of Washington County, Virginia. Topics include farming activities, weather observations, social life, religious services attended, health, and legal matters. There are also accounts for merchandise bought and sold, receipts, and poetry. Smith died in August, 1869. After this date, the diary entries are written by Marion M. Morriss, executor of Smith's estate, and a Washington County magistrate. The geometry book contains math exercises
- Additional physical form
- Also available on microfilm (Misc. Reel 1943).
- Biographical or historical data
- Parker Smith was born 12 July 1789. He was a farmer who resided in Washington County, Virginia. He married Ann Orr in 1822. He died on 14 August 1869.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Diaries and geometry book
ContextContext of 1832-1876
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1832-1876
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/4YD8G_l6BoQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/4YD8G_l6BoQ/">1832-1876</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...