The Resource Reports of banks on dividends, 1843-1863
- Reports of banks on dividends, 1843-1863
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Revenue Assessment and Collection - Business Records. Banks
- Includes correspondence from banks generally stating capital and amount paid in dividends. The letters were originally accompanied by a check for the tax due
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- On 27 March 1843 the General Assembly passed an act laying a tax on dividends paid by banks. On 3 March 1864 the General Assembly suspended the imposition of all taxes, including the tax on dividends, until 1865.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 372
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Reports of banks on dividends, 1843-1863
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Reports of banks on dividends, 1843-1863
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/4oxwi6mKhGM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/4oxwi6mKhGM/">Reports of banks on dividends, 1843-1863</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...