The Resource Marshall and Ohio Turnpike Company records, 1848-1857
- Marshall and Ohio Turnpike Company records, 1848-1857
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, reports, and certificates of stock subscriptions for the years 1848-1851, 1856-1857
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- The Marshall and Ohio Turnpike Company was organized on the 7th of September 1848, under the act of incorporation passed by the General Assembly April 2, 1839, and the act revising and amending that act, passed February 11, 1848. Capital stock was set at $20,000 for the road leading from Elizabethtown and Moundsville near the residence of William Alexander in Marshall County, to the city of Wheeling, in Ohio County. Stock was increased by $20,000 March 17, 1851, with approval to extend the road to Fish Creek Bridge. March 26, 1860, stock was increased by $10,000, in order to cover construction and repairs and to macadamize.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 320
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Marshall and Ohio Turnpike Company records, 1848-1857
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Marshall and Ohio Turnpike Company records, 1848-1857
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/4unTG8lypUk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/4unTG8lypUk/">Marshall and Ohio Turnpike Company records, 1848-1857</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...