The Resource Ledgers, 1778 August 4 - [1780 September]
- Ledgers, 1778 August 4 - [1780 September]
- Inclusive dates
- 1778 August 4 - [1780 September]
- These records are the ledger kept by John Moss, State Agent in Philadelphia, recording transactions of uniform items and sundries to officers and troops of Virginia regiments
- Additional physical form
- Also available on Misc. Reel 637.
- Biographical or historical data
- The office of the state agent and commissary of stores was created by an ordinance passed by the third revolutionary convention on August 21, 1775. In 1777 the office was divided, and different persons were appointed state agent and commissary of stores. William Armistead, who served as commissary of stores until the office was discontinued in February 1782, was responsible for the storage and distribution of supplies acquired by the state agent's office for the troops in the Illinois country, in Pennsylvania, and in Virginia. After February 1782 the commissary's functions were assumed first by the commercial agent, then by the quartermaster general in October 1782.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Ledgers, 1778 August 4 - [1780 September]
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Ledgers, 1778 August 4 - [1780 September]
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/58s-Qorj7WI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/58s-Qorj7WI/">Ledgers, 1778 August 4 - [1780 September]</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...