The Resource 1818 November 28
- 1818 November 28
- Inclusive dates
- 1818 November 28
- Title variation
- Executive Communications
- Contains a letter from J. M. McCarty, Leesburg, to [Linn Banks], Speaker of the House of Delegates, regarding his inability to take the oath imposed on members of the Assembly because of a challenge issued to General A. T. Mason
- Additional physical form
- Also available on microfilm
- Biographical or historical data
- A new election was ordered for a seat in the House of Delegates to represent Loudoun County as a result of the refusal by John Mason McCarty to take the oath required by the dueling act. George Rust, Jr., was elected in his place. McCarty killed Armistead T. Mason, his brother-in-law, in the duel at Bladensburg, MD, on 6 February 1819.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1818 November 28
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1818 November 28
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/5QqlgIKL0Ls/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/5QqlgIKL0Ls/">1818 November 28</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...