The Resource James City County (Va.) List of Tithables, 1792-1793
- James City County (Va.) List of Tithables, 1792-1793
- Inclusive dates
- James City County (Va.) List of Tithables, 1792-1793. Consists of a photocopy of the list of tithable heads of household in the county for the years 1792 and 1793
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- James City County was an original shire formed in 1634. Part of New Kent County was added later. Part of York County was added in 1852.
- During the Civil War, the records of James City County and Williamsburg were transferred to Richmond for safekeeping but were destroyed by fire in Richmond on 3 April 1865.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional James City County Tax and Fiscal Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
- James City County/Williamsburg County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional James City County/Williamsburg County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of James City County (Va.) List of Tithables, 1792-1793
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work James City County (Va.) List of Tithables, 1792-1793
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/5WjY87MCFy4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/5WjY87MCFy4/">James City County (Va.) List of Tithables, 1792-1793</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...