The Resource Bland County (Va.) Wills, 1885-1977
- Bland County (Va.) Wills, 1885-1977
- Inclusive dates
- Land subdivision -- Virginia | Bland County
- Bland County (Va.) -- History
- Fiduciary records -- Virginia | Bland County
- Wills -- Virginia | Bland County
- Bland County (Va.)
- Estate inventories -- Virginia | Bland County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Bland County
- Estates (Law) -- Virginia | Bland County
- Probate accounts -- Virginia | Bland County
- Bland County (Va.) Wills, 1885-1977, record the deceased's plan for how his or her estate was to be divided among his or her heirs following his or her death. Information commonly recorded in wills include the name of the deceased, also referred as the testator; names of heirs; a listing of real and personal property and how it was to be divided among the heirs; names of individuals who were to be the will's executors; the date will was written; and the date will was recorded at the court house
- Biographical or historical data
- Bland County is said to have been named for Richard Bland, a leader of colonial Virginia's resistance to Great Britain in the 1760s and 1770s. It was formed from Giles, Wythe, and Tazewell Counties in 1861, and another part of Giles was added in 1900. Its area is 369 square miles, and the county seat is Bland.
- Most loose records were destroyed by fire in 1888. All volumes and part of the chancery papers were saved.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Bland County (Va.) Wills, 1885-1977
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Bland County (Va.) Wills, 1885-1977
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/5h0AWPpOJlo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/5h0AWPpOJlo/">Bland County (Va.) Wills, 1885-1977</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...