The Resource Fairmont and Wheeling Turnpike Company records, 1849-1861
- Fairmont and Wheeling Turnpike Company records, 1849-1861
- Inclusive dates
- Records contain letters sent, field notes (1850), 3 vols., maps (1852-1853), 2 items, reports, proposals for construction, contracts, security bonds, receipts, and accounts, and a newspaper clipping regarding bids
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- The Fairmont and Wheeling Turnpike Company was formed to construct an extension of the Beverly and Fairmont Turnpike, from Fairmont to Wheeling. The General Assembly authorized the Board of Public Works to change the location between Marcle's run and the top of the ridge next to Dunkard Creek, February 16, 1854. In January, 1862, an act to provide for repair of the Moundsville branch of the road was passed, and all stock was transferred to Marshall County, in order for the county to provide maintenance for the whole branch road.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 248
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Fairmont and Wheeling Turnpike Company records, 1849-1861
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Fairmont and Wheeling Turnpike Company records, 1849-1861
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/5tvoNDGZZ20/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/5tvoNDGZZ20/">Fairmont and Wheeling Turnpike Company records, 1849-1861</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...