The Resource Minutes of the Virginia Board for Barbers and Cosmetology, 2000-2015
- Minutes of the Virginia Board for Barbers and Cosmetology, 2000-2015
- Inclusive dates
- This series consists of the official minutes, agendas and related attachments of the Board for Barbers and Cosmetology. The minutes document the board's activities, actions, and oversight of the barber and cosmetology professions. May also include minutes of informal fact finding conferences and conflict of interest letters
- The minutes cover such topics as sanitation and sterilization procedures for instruments used in salons and shops, review of guidelines instituted to ensure safety to the public, of pedicure and manicure nail safety, apprenticeship and educational programs, penalty and fee structures for claims filed by disgruntled customers against services provided, health code violations, etc
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Department of Professional Occupational Regulation. (Search Virginia Dept. of Professional and Occupational Regulation as author).
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- The Board for Barbers and Cosmetology was created by merging the Board for Barbers and Board for Cosmetology, both originally established in 1962, through legislation signed by Governor Gilmore in April, 2000. The Board regulates businesses and individuals that cut and style hair and shaves; perform manicures, pedicures and apply nails. The Board also regulates those individuals who teach barbering, cosmetology and nail care as well as schools that provide training in barbering, cosmetology and nail care. The Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation provides administrative support to the board.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Minutes of the Virginia Board for Barbers and Cosmetology, 2000-2015
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Minutes of the Virginia Board for Barbers and Cosmetology, 2000-2015
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/61UusxxwDu8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/61UusxxwDu8/">Minutes of the Virginia Board for Barbers and Cosmetology, 2000-2015</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...