The Resource Thomas Hicks Wynne journals, 1838-1845
- Thomas Hicks Wynne journals, 1838-1845
- Inclusive dates
- Journals, 1838-1845, of Thomas Hicks Wynne of Richmond, Virginia. The journals consist of the day to day events of his life, including discussion of his family, friends, books read, church services attended, his many walks around Richmond, his participation in the debating society, the weather, his job, and the death of his sister. Located on microfilm frames 12-693
- Biographical or historical data
- Thomas Hicks Wynne was born 22 January 1820 in Richmond, Virginia to William Wynne and Agnes Hardy Wynne. After the death of his father when Wynne was 13, he was apprenticed and became a pattern-maker. Rising in business, he served as superintendent of the Richmond City Gas Works and later became president of the Westham Iron Works, president and superintendent of the Richmond and Petersburg Railroad, and treasurer of the Southern Telegraph Company. Wynne also entered politics and served several terms on the Richmond City Council, including a term as its president. Wynne represented Richmond in the House of Delegates from 1861 to 1863 and represented Richmond and Henrico County in the State Senate from 1871 to 1875. He aslo served as corresponding secretary for the Virginia Historical Society. Wynne wrote and edited several works on Virginia history. He died in Richmond 24 February 1875 and was buried at St. John’s Church.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Thomas Hicks Wynne journals, 1838-1845
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Thomas Hicks Wynne journals, 1838-1845
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/62Ehle1RoW0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/62Ehle1RoW0/">Thomas Hicks Wynne journals, 1838-1845</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...