The Resource Black Lick and Plaster Banks Turnpike, 1851-1860
- Black Lick and Plaster Banks Turnpike, 1851-1860
- Inclusive dates
- This record contains letters sent, certificates of stock subscriptions and a petition for the appointment of a new director. Period covered: 1851-1854, 1856, 1858-1860
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly approved March 6, 1851, authorized the county courts of Smyth and Wythe counties and the Board of Public Works to each appoint one director to constitute a board to superintend construction of a turnpike from "some suitable point in Wythe County on either the Southwestern Turnpike or the Tazewell Courthouse and Fancy Gap Turnpike, passing through Black Lick settlement in Wythe County to Plaster Banks in Smyth County."
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 214
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Black Lick and Plaster Banks Turnpike, 1851-1860
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Black Lick and Plaster Banks Turnpike, 1851-1860
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/6BXylfzpDeQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/6BXylfzpDeQ/">Black Lick and Plaster Banks Turnpike, 1851-1860</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...