The Resource Norfolk County (Va.) Deed Books, 1675-1763
- Norfolk County (Va.) Deed Books, 1675-1763
- Inclusive dates
- Deed books, 1675-1763, of Norfolk County Court. The deed books record the name of the grantor and grantee, the residence of both individuals and the description of property being sold and transferred. The volumes have indexes which contains the first and last names of both parties. Indexes are arranged alphabetically from A-Z. Deed Book, No. 5, 1686-1695, Pt. 2 and Deed Book, No. 9, 1710-1717, Pt. 3 also include order books. They provide a synopsis of legal matters brought before the county court when it was in session such as the recording of deeds, records of legal disputes (chancery causes, judgments, etc.) and road orders
- Biographical or historical data
- Norfolk County was formed in 1691 from Lower Norfolk County, now extinct, and was incorporated into the city of Chesapeake in 1963.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Norfolk County Deed Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records On Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Norfolk County (Va.) Deed Books, 1675-1763
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Norfolk County (Va.) Deed Books, 1675-1763
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/6Duumij0PsQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/6Duumij0PsQ/">Norfolk County (Va.) Deed Books, 1675-1763</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...