The Resource Jonathan Elliot papers, 1831
- Jonathan Elliot papers, 1831
- Inclusive dates
- Elliot, Jonathan, 1784-1846
- Constitutional conventions -- United States
- Constitutional conventions. -- New York
- Personal papers
- Barbour, James, 1775-1842
- Constitutional conventions -- Massachusetts
- Constitutional conventions -- North Carolina
- Constitutional conventions. -- Pennsylvania
- Letters (correspondence)
- United States -- History -- Confederation, 1783-1789
- Washington (D.C.) -- History -- 19th century
- Constitutional conventions -- Virginia
- United States.
- Virginia -- History -- 19th century
- Papers, 1831, of Jonathan Elliot (1784-1846) of Washington, D.C., consisting of a letter, 28 January 1831, to James Barbour (1775-1842) in Richmond, Virginia, asking him to move in the Virginia legislature a proposal for the state to procure Elliot's volumes relating to the Constitutional Convention and to the state debates in Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. Papers include two copies of advertisements, January 1831, of Elliot's work
- Biographical or historical data
- Jonathan Elliot was born in England in 1784. He emigrated to the United States and became a printer, publisher, and historian. Elliot is best known for his work on the debates at the Federal Constitutional Convention and at several state ratifying conventions. Elliot and his wife Elizabeth Elliot (d. 1881) had children. Jonathan Elliot died 12 March 1846 and was buried in the Congressional Cemetery in Washington D.C.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Jonathan Elliot papers, 1831
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Jonathan Elliot papers, 1831
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/6EVk5cqHU20/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/6EVk5cqHU20/">Jonathan Elliot papers, 1831</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...