The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property : Papers of Morris Gross, 1911-1924
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property : Papers of Morris Gross, 1911-1924
- Inclusive dates
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- Virginia | Norfolk County
- Norfolk (Va.) -- Buildings and structures, etc
- Insurance, Life -- Virginia | Norfolk
- Insurance, Fire -- Virginia | Norfolk
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Personal property -- Virginia
- Gross, Morris
- Ocean View Cottage Company (Norfolk, Va.)
- State government records -- Virginia
- Insurance policies -- Virginia | Norfolk
- Deeds -- Virginia | Norfolk County
- Escheat -- Virginia
- Insurance, Automobile -- Virginia | Norfolk
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 42943) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 1250228 contains one deed made between the Ocean View Cottage Company of Norfolk, Va. and John T. Brunck and Clara, his wife, for property located in Norfolk County, Va., dated 11 May 1911. (Deed contains a restrictive covenant). Also included are five automobile insurance policies issued to Morris Gross, dated 16 November 1921, 6 December 1921, 10 July 1922, 15 July 1922, and 21 July 1923; one life insurance policy for Morris Gross, dated 30 July 1924; and one fire insurance policy covering a home in Norfolk, Va., dated 19 January 1924
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property : Papers of Morris Gross, 1911-1924
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property : Papers of Morris Gross, 1911-1924
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/6n0wnPoBoTg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/6n0wnPoBoTg/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property : Papers of Morris Gross, 1911-1924</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...