The Resource Rappahannock Company records, 1816-1858
- Rappahannock Company records, 1816-1858
- Inclusive dates
- Contains letters sent to the board, survey notes, reports, contracts, certificates of stock subscriptions, lists of stockholders, accounts, and newspaper clippings
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- The company was chartered by an act of the General Assembly of December 11, 1793 (1793 Va. Acts 31). It was to make the Rappahannock River navigable from "Tidewater to the highest point practicable." By an act of February 25, 1853 the Assembly authorized the Board to foreclose on the company and sell its assets.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 90
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works Inventory.
ContextContext of Rappahannock Company records, 1816-1858
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Rappahannock Company records, 1816-1858
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/6yam6sNy8wA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/6yam6sNy8wA/">Rappahannock Company records, 1816-1858</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...