The Resource Tobacco tax, : accounts, 1781-1782
- Tobacco tax, : accounts, 1781-1782
- Title remainder
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Revenue Assessment and Collection - Specific Taxes
- The collectors of the tax annually settled their accounts with commissioners of the revenue, and duplicates of these accounts (noting numbers, weights, and marks) were sent to the Auditor of Public Accounts
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928). (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- During its session begun in October 1779, the General Assembly passed an act to establish a fund for money borrowed on behalf of the United States. Every tithable above the age of twenty-one was taxed at the rate of thirty pounds of inspected tobacco in transfer notes.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Tobacco tax, : accounts, 1781-1782
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Tobacco tax, : accounts, 1781-1782
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7NAiVD1bjbI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7NAiVD1bjbI/">Tobacco tax, : accounts, 1781-1782</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...