The Resource Return of wagons, 1782
- Return of wagons, 1782
- Inclusive dates
- Virginia -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Equipment and supplies
- Virginia -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- State government records -- Virginia
- Wagons -- Virginia
- United States. -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Equipment and supplies. -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Contains a return of wagons raised from seven counties since the last Assembly. The return provides the name of the county and to whom the wagons were delivered (either the Continental Quarter Master or Commissioner General). The return is signed by William Davies, War Office, 27 May 1782, and contains a note from Davies that the Assembly did not direct any returns of wagons to be made to the War Office
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts. (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The General Assembly passed an act at its October 1780 session for supplying the army with clothes, provisions, and wagons. The act contained a provision that every county and corporation furnish one serviceable wagon and a team of four good horses and complete harness with a driver to serve for one month at the expense of each county. Another act was passed at the March 1781 session providing further time to execute the previous act. A third act was passed at the November 1781 session for supplying the southern army with wagons & horses. This act stipulated that any county that failed to comply with the previous act should be compelled to furnish a wagon and team by March 1782.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Return of wagons, 1782
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Return of wagons, 1782
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7Z0tndNlKKI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7Z0tndNlKKI/">Return of wagons, 1782</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...