The Resource 1812-1814
- Inclusive dates
- Plummer and Tapscott (Richmond County, Va.)
- Consumer goods -- Virginia | Richmond County
- General stores. -- Virginia | Richmond County
- Business records -- Virginia | Richmond County
- Journals (accounts) -- Virginia | Richmond County
- Richmond County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Dry-goods -- Virginia | Richmond County
- Daybooks -- Virginia | Richmond County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Richmond County
- Plummer and Tapscott Business Records, 1812-1814, consist of a journal used as a daybook that records in chronological order the daily transactions of Plummer and Tapscott, a general store. Information recorded in the journal includes date of transaction, name of customer, items purchased, quantity of items purchased, amount owed, and a page number where the entry is found in a missing ledger. Merchandise sold include spices, clothing, scissors, rhubarb, nails, knives, candles, paper, dry-goods, and snuff
- Biographical or historical data
- Richmond County may have been named for Richmond borough in Surrey, England, or for Charles Lennox, first duke of Richmond and a son of King Charles II. It was formed from Old Rappahannock County in 1692. The county seat is Warsaw.
- Some volumes were burned and mutilated through unknown causes; in addition, the will books prior to 1699 were missing as early as 1793, and order books for the period 1794-1816 are also missing. Numerous loose records prior to 1781 are missing as well.
- Plummer and Tapscott was a general store that conducted business in Farnham Church, Richmond County, Virginia, during the early 19th century.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Plummer and Tapscott Business Records
- Location of other archival material
- Richmond County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional Richmond County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of 1812-1814
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1812-1814
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7acw9i6HkpE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7acw9i6HkpE/">1812-1814</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...