The Resource Holliday's Cove Turnpike Company records, 1838-1860
- Holliday's Cove Turnpike Company records, 1838-1860
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, reports, lists of stockholders, and certificates of stock subscriptions covering the period 1838-1853, 1856-1860
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed March 2, 1838, approved formation of the Holliday's Cove Turnpike Company as a corporation to construct a turnpike road from the lands of Jesse Edgington on the Ohio River, in Brooke County, through Holliday's Cove to the Pennsylvania line at the termination of the turnpike road leading to Pittsburgh. Capital stock was set at $10,000, and the company was authorized to augment capital not to exceed $25,000. On March 26, 1839, approval was given to increase augmentation to $30,000, with the Board of Public Works authorized to subscribe to 2/5. Toll gates were approved every five miles, and on March 11, 1840, the General Assembly authorized the company to dispense with stone or gravel surface on the road where unnecessary.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 279
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Holliday's Cove Turnpike Company records, 1838-1860
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Holliday's Cove Turnpike Company records, 1838-1860
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7bMSrkdWsT4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7bMSrkdWsT4/">Holliday's Cove Turnpike Company records, 1838-1860</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...