The Resource William H. Reynolds Account Book, 1873-1874
- William H. Reynolds Account Book, 1873-1874
- Inclusive dates
- Account books -- Virginia | Lynchburg
- Daybooks -- Virginia | Lynchburg
- Merchants -- Virginia | Lynchburg
- Groceries. -- Virginia | Lynchburg
- Business records -- Virginia | Lynchburg
- Barkmills -- Virginia | Lynchburg
- Local government records -- Virginia | Lynchburg
- Ellsworth, Rothwell
- Reynolds, William H
- Lynchburg (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Fleming, M. N
- Grocery trade -- Virginia | Lynchburg
- William H. Reynolds Account Book, 1873-1874, documents Reynolds's daily financial activities. The first half of the volume, with entries from October 1873 to June 1874, was used as a daybook to record the sales of Reynolds's grocery business. Information found in each entry includes the name of the customer, name and quantity of item purchased, and the amounts paid for the purchase. Customers bought such items as sugar, cheese, bacon, butter, eggs, tobacco, coffee, candy, and candles. Beginning in June 1874, the volume was used to document William Reynolds's participation in the firm of Reynolds & Ellsworth, a bark mill located in Lynchburg. Reynolds recorded the amounts of bark he purchased and the freight bills he paid having the bark shipped to the mill. A copy of the contract between William Reynolds and Rothwell Ellsworth forming the partnership of Reynolds & Ellsworth is also included in the account book
- Biographical or historical data
- William H. Reynolds was a merchant and grocer in Lynchburg, Va., during the late nineteenth century. In June 1874 Reynolds entered into a partnership with Rothwell Ellsworth and M. N. Fleming, tanners in Lynchburg, to operate a bark mill in Bethel, Va.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- For additional information see the Lynchburg (Va.) Chancery Cause, William H. Reynolds versus R. Ellsworth and others. It can be found in the Local Records Collection at the Library of Virginia. The index number is 1876-050.
ContextContext of William H. Reynolds Account Book, 1873-1874
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work William H. Reynolds Account Book, 1873-1874
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7ffdIdxITSw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7ffdIdxITSw/">William H. Reynolds Account Book, 1873-1874</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...