The Resource 1806-1872.
- Inclusive dates
- Papers, 1806-1872, of John Harris Steger (1788-1860) of Amelia County, Virginia, and his son John Overton Steger (1818-1886). Includes prommisory notes, accounts for household goods, medical services, and blacksmith work, receipts, bonds, Bear Island estate papers, papers relating to John H. Steger's guardianship of his second wife's younger siblings Elizabeth and Hardinia Burnley, estate papers of his father-in-law Hardin Burnley (1761-1809) and miscellaneous correspondence. The papers of John Overton Steger concern legal matters in which he was acting as attorney
- Biographical or historical data
- John Harris Steger was born on 1 February 1788. He married 1) Susan G. Overton on 21 April 1817. They had a son, John Overton Steger, born in 1818. She died on 20 May 1819. He married 2) Judith Burnley on 2 November 1820. She was the daughter of Hardin Burnley. She died in 1826. He married 3) Sarah Jane Gaines on 18 October 1827. They lived in Amelia County at his home "Kennons." Steger died in May 1860.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1806-1872.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1806-1872.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7kzpWypYz5E/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7kzpWypYz5E/">1806-1872.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...