The Resource Dinwiddie County (Va.) Deeds, 1819 and 1825.
- Dinwiddie County (Va.) Deeds, 1819 and 1825.
- Inclusive dates
- 1819 and 1825.
- Dinwiddie County (Va.) Deeds, 1819 and 1825. The collection contains two deeds, as follows: a deed between William Dunn and Elizabeth his wife, of Brunswick County, on the first part, and Samuel Pryor, on the second part, 1825 Sept. 26; and a deed between Anne Domini, on the first part, and Allen Archer and Prudence his wife, on the second part, 1819 Nov. 3
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Dinwiddie County was named for Robert Dinwiddie, lieutenant governor of Virginia from 1751 to 1758, and was formed from Prince George County in 1752.
- The bulk of court records prior to 1865 were stolen, mutilated, and/or destroyed by Union troops who ransacked the courthouse during the last months of the Civil War. Post-1830 volumes such as deed books, will books, chancery order books, and marriage registers exist.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Dinwiddie County Land Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
- Dinwiddie County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional Dinwiddie County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of Dinwiddie County (Va.) Deeds, 1819 and 1825.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Dinwiddie County (Va.) Deeds, 1819 and 1825.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7q31C6Y25ko/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7q31C6Y25ko/">Dinwiddie County (Va.) Deeds, 1819 and 1825.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...