The Resource Speech,, 1940 Nov. 22
- Speech,, 1940 Nov. 22
- Inclusive dates
- 1940 Nov. 22
- Recording of speech of Governor James H. Price on 22 November 1940 in Staunton, Virginia. Price outlines his legislative plan for changing the administrative structure of state government, probation and parole, the deplorable conditions of local jails, elimination of the fee system, the establishment of a modern personnel system, road building, passage of workers' compensation law, electoral reforms, repeal of the poll tax, increased teachers' salaries, and improved funding for schools. Recording is incomplete
- Biographical or historical data
- James H. Price served as governor of Virginia from 1938-1942.
- Cataloging source
- Format of music
- not applicable
- Funding information
- Reformatting was funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission
- Literary text for sound recordings
- lectures speeches
ContextContext of Speech,, 1940 Nov. 22
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Speech,, 1940 Nov. 22
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7wxOE8IqIy4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/7wxOE8IqIy4/">Speech,, 1940 Nov. 22</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...