The Resource Gilmer and Braxton Turnpike Company records, 1854-1858
- Gilmer and Braxton Turnpike Company records, 1854-1858
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, list of stockholders, and certificates of stock subscriptions
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly approved March 29, 1853 authorized formation of the Gilmer and Braxton Turnpike Company as a corporation to construct a turnpike road from Glennville in Gilmer County to the Weston and Gauley Bridge Turnpike at or near Bulltown Saltworks in Braxton County. Capital stock was set at $12,000, with the Board of Public Works authorized to subscribe at 3/5 or $7,200.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 264
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Gilmer and Braxton Turnpike Company records, 1854-1858
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Gilmer and Braxton Turnpike Company records, 1854-1858
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/898I5y47aAw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/898I5y47aAw/">Gilmer and Braxton Turnpike Company records, 1854-1858</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...