The Resource 1835-1844
- Inclusive dates
- Fines (penalties) -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Justices of the Peace -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Military records -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Application forms
- Dinwiddie County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Johnson, Benjamin, d. 1845
- Military pensions -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Papers, 1835-1843, of Benjamin Johnson (d. 1845) of Dinwiddie County, Virginia, and major of the 83rd Regiment, Virginia militia, consisting of: commission, 6 June 1835, for Benjamin Johnson as major of the 83rd Regiment, Virginia militia, from Governor Littleton Waller Tazewell (1774-1860); list of militia fines for the 83rd Regiment for 1834 and collectible in 1835, with a form for a summons on the reverse side; list of fines in the 83rd Regiment against members of Captain Thomas Pinchbeck's volunteer company of riflemen for failure to attend extra musters of the company in 1842 and 1843, collectable in 1844; and pension certificate form, 1838, made for Benjamin Johnson as a Justice of the Peace for the Dinwiddie County Court
- Biographical or historical data
- Benjamin Johnson was a prominent citizen of Dinwiddie County, Virginia. He served in the 83rd Virginia militia rising through the ranks to be appointed a major and eventually a colonel. He also was a justice of the peace for Dinwiddie County, Virginia. Johnson and his wife Harriet had at least one daughter. Johnson died by 9 December 1845 at which time an inventory of his estate was made for the Dinwiddie County Court.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1835-1844
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1835-1844
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/8CLX48ICtJw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/8CLX48ICtJw/">1835-1844</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...