The Resource Aetna Insurance Company Vouchers, 1857-1861
- Aetna Insurance Company Vouchers, 1857-1861
- Inclusive dates
- Aetna Insurance Company (Hartford, Ct.)
- Augusta County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Insurance companies. -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Insurance companies. -- Connecticut | Hartford
- Vouchers -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Insurance agents. -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Business records -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Aetna Insurance Company Vouchers, 1857-1861, record the disbursements of the company for such expenses as advertising, express or freight charges, taxes, return premiums, etc. All vouchers were signed by Aetna's agent Alexander F. Kinney
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Based out of Hartford, Connecticut, the Aetna Insurance Company sold its first life insurance policy in 1850. In 1853, the company was incorporated as the Aetna Life Insurance Company with former Connecticut judge Eliphalet A. Bulkeley as its first president. In 1861, the company began offering participating life insurance policies, and at the end of the Civil War, Aetna was one of the nation's biggest life insurance providers. Today, Aetna is a diversified health care benefits company providing a range of health care insurance products and related services including dental, pharmacy, group life, and disability insurance.
- Aetna Insurance Company established an insurance agency in Staunton, Virginia, in the mid-nineteenth century. Alexander F. Kinney served as an agent for the company. Kinney, a Virginia resident born about 1836, was also a bank teller and a circuit court clerk for Augusta County.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Aetna Insurance Company Vouchers, 1857-1861
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Aetna Insurance Company Vouchers, 1857-1861
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/8NjOTuN3G_g/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/8NjOTuN3G_g/">Aetna Insurance Company Vouchers, 1857-1861</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...