The Resource Campaign speech,, 1946 June 28
- Campaign speech,, 1946 June 28
- Inclusive dates
- 1946 June 28
- Campaign speech, 28 June 1946, of Senator Harry F. Byrd in which he criticizes the size and scope of the federal government and its control over people's daily lives and discusses the difference between the federal governments of 1935 and 1946. He calls for retrenchment now that the war is won and the easing of unnecessary government controls. He outlines a plan to restore fiscal sanity and emphasizes his activities in the United States Senate to keep the federal government fiscally responsible. He promises to continue these activities if re-elected. Broadcast paid for by the Byrd Campaign Committee Headquarters
- Biographical or historical data
- Harry Flood Byrd, Sr., was born in Martinsburg, West Virginia on 10 June 1887. He served as Governor of Virginia (1926-1930) and United States Senator (1933-1965). He died in Berryville, Virginia, 20 October 1966.
- Cataloging source
- Format of music
- not applicable
- Funding information
- Reformatting was funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission
- Literary text for sound recordings
- lectures speeches
ContextContext of Campaign speech,, 1946 June 28
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Campaign speech,, 1946 June 28
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/8QqrFzeufzo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/8QqrFzeufzo/">Campaign speech,, 1946 June 28</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...