The Resource Little River Turnpike Company, : agent, accounts and correspondence, 1808-1827
- Little River Turnpike Company, : agent, accounts and correspondence, 1808-1827
- Title remainder
- agent, accounts and correspondence
- Inclusive dates
- Little River Turnpike (Va.)
- Fines (Penalties) -- Virginia -- History -- 19th century
- Sheriffs -- Virginia -- History -- 19th century
- Little River Turnpike Company (Va.)
- State government records -- Virginia
- Virginia -- Militia | History -- 19th century
- Loudoun County (Va.)
- Letters (correspondence)
- Fouch, Thomas
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Disbursements to Localities and Individuals: Local Government Expenses - Militia
- This series consists of letters and accounts dated 1808, 1823-1824, 1827, n.d. of Thomas Fouch, agent of the Little River Turnpike Company, which resulted in litigation with the commonwealth
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928). (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- On 28 January 1805 the General Assembly passed an act authorizing the purchase of one hundred shares of Little River Turnpike Company stock by the state. In Loudoun County and certain other counties muster fines due before 15 December 1810, except the amount appropriated for payment of militia expenses, were deposited in a fund to pay for the state's shares of stock. Agents of the Little River Turnpike Company were authorized to collect the muster fines from county sheriffs. If a sheriff failed to pay an agent, the agent started legal proceedings against the sheriff in the county court. In 1811 the General Assembly extended the act for five years.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 734
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Little River Turnpike Company, : agent, accounts and correspondence, 1808-1827
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Little River Turnpike Company, : agent, accounts and correspondence, 1808-1827
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/909BE5PxguU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/909BE5PxguU/">Little River Turnpike Company, : agent, accounts and correspondence, 1808-1827</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...