The Resource Railroad company reports, 1856-1887
- Railroad company reports, 1856-1887
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Revenue Assessment and Collection - Business Records. Transportation Companies. Reports
- Contains semi-annual reports documenting the number of passengers transported over the road and the aggregate number of miles traveled. These reports cover the years 1856-1865, 1868, 1871, 1874, 1887
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- On 18 March 1856 the General Assembly passed an act requiring railroad companies to report semiannually to the auditor of public accounts the number of passengers transported over the road and the aggregate number of miles traveled. The General Assembly passed a similar act in 1860, adding that the semiannual report must include the gross amount received by railroad companies for freight.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 403
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Railroad company reports, 1856-1887
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Railroad company reports, 1856-1887
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/96JfH7qEdhI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/96JfH7qEdhI/">Railroad company reports, 1856-1887</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...