The Resource 1886-1985
- Inclusive dates
- Brethren (Church of the Brethren) -- Virginia | Carroll County
- Coulson Church of the Brethren (Woodlawn, Va.)
- Baptismal registers -- Virginia | Carroll County
- Carroll County (Va.) -- Church history -- 19th century
- Carroll County (Va.) -- Church history -- 20th century
- Membership lists
- Financial records
- Birth registers -- Virginia | Carroll County
- Records, 1886-1985, on two reels of microfilm. Misc. reel 1180 contains a list of church board members, 1985; the church constitution; rules of order (parliamentary procedure); minutes, 27 November 1984-11 December 1983 (arranged in reverse chronological order), including agendas, committee reports, pastor's reports, and financial records; minutes, 22 November 1898-23 October 1926; membership lists, including baptisms; minutes, 11 August 1928-22 March 1930, including treasurer's reports; minutes, 13 November 1983-25 August 1962 (arranged in reverse chronological order), including contracts and pastors' reports; certificates of membership and records relating to membership; and minutes, 22 November 1930-24 February 1962. Misc. reel 1181 includes membership lists, ca. 1886-1985
- Biographical or historical data
- This church can trace its origin to the loneliness of the Montgomery family. In the early 1870's, a Montgomery family moved from Floyd County to Carroll County. The family became lonely and although not Brethren, they knew some Brethren preachers affiliated with the Topeca Church of the Brethren in Floyd County and asked them to visit Carroll County and preach. These meetings, usually occurring twice a year, continued for several years until the group's size increased. A frame meeting house was built and the Coulson Church of the Brethren was officially organized by S. G. Spangler on 22 November 1898.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1886-1985
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1886-1985
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/9MZMiuPnJ5A/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/9MZMiuPnJ5A/">1886-1985</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...