The Resource Richmond County (Va.) Will Books, 1717-1787
- Richmond County (Va.) Will Books, 1717-1787
- Inclusive dates
- Will Books, 1717-1787, of Richmond County Court. The will book includes the name of testator, list of heirs and the year the wills were proven in court and probate records such as inventories and appraisements. The will books have indexes which contains the first and last names of both parties. It is arranged alphabetically from A-Z
- Biographical or historical data
- Richmond County may have been named for Richmond borough in Surrey, England, or for Charles Lennox, first duke of Richmond and a son of King Charles II. It was formed from Old Rappahannock County in 1692. The county seat is Warsaw.
- Some volumes were burned and mutilated through unknown causes; in addition, the will books prior to 1699 were missing as early as 1793, and order books for the period 1794-1816 are also missing. Numerous loose records prior to 1781 are missing as well.
- The will books of Richmond County in this collection were created by the County Court.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Richmond Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records On Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
- Richmond County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional Richmond County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of Richmond County (Va.) Will Books, 1717-1787
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Richmond County (Va.) Will Books, 1717-1787
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/9X_ONEgIUcE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/9X_ONEgIUcE/">Richmond County (Va.) Will Books, 1717-1787</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...