The Resource List of subjects for consideration, 1807
- List of subjects for consideration, 1807
- Inclusive dates
- Nominations for office. -- Virginia -- 19th century
- Bounties, Military. -- Virginia -- 19th century
- State government records -- Virginia
- Justices of the peace. -- Virginia -- 19th century
- Pardons -- Virginia -- 19th century
- Virginia -- Militia | History -- 19th century
- Virginia -- Officials and employees -- 19th century
- Virginia -- History -- 19th century
- Contains a list of subjects submitted to the Council of State between 16 May and 30 October 1807. The list provides a brief description of the subject under consideration and indicates what action was taken (e.g. postponed, commissioned, allowed, rejected, read, etc.). Some examples of subjects under consideration include nominations & recommendations of justices, pardon applications, commissions for militia officers, claims for land bounties, accounts, correspondence, bonds, petitions & memorials, etc
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Council of State. (Search Virginia Virginia Council of State as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Council of State was established by the constitution adopted on June 29, 1776, to assist the governor in the administration of the government. It had its origin in the earlier Council of colonial Virginia, but was a more powerful check on the authority of the governor. The council members were elected by the General Assembly rather than appointed by the governor as had been the case with the colonial Council. By the middle of the nineteenth century, however, the need for a stronger chief executive had become evident. The new constitution adopted in 1851 made no provision for an advisory council, and on January 15, 1852, the Council of state adjourned for the last time.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of List of subjects for consideration, 1807
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work List of subjects for consideration, 1807
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/A99vdXppbxo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/A99vdXppbxo/">List of subjects for consideration, 1807</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...