The Resource Registers of coupons on the public debt as maintained by the Virginia Treasurer's Office, 1880-1892
- Registers of coupons on the public debt as maintained by the Virginia Treasurer's Office, 1880-1892
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Treasurer's Office. Public Debt: Coupon Bond Registers
- These volumes record coupons submitted for payment or cancellation under an act passed by the General Assembly on March 28, 1879. Volumes cover the period between January 1, 1880 and February 20, 1892
- These series contains: 1, $100 (nos. 1-1586), $500 (nos. 1-569); 2, $1000 (nos. 1-7564); 3, £20 (nos. 1-60), £100 (nos. 1-23); 4, £200 (nos. 1-374)
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly, approved March 28, 1879, provided a plan of settlement of the public debt, giving the governor the authority to create registered and coupon bonds which were exempt from taxation. The bonds were divided into two classes: class I included all tax-receivable coupon bonds, and all registered bonds and fractional certificates convertible into tax-receivable coupon bonds, under the act approved March 30, 1871; class II included all bonds funded under the act of March 30, 1871, amended March 7, 1872, and also two-thirds of the face value on all unfunded bonds, including sterling bonds.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 184
- Citation source
- Treasurer's Office Inventory
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Registers of coupons on the public debt as maintained by the Virginia Treasurer's Office, 1880-1892
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Registers of coupons on the public debt as maintained by the Virginia Treasurer's Office, 1880-1892
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/AA1BPGe6ZQw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/AA1BPGe6ZQw/">Registers of coupons on the public debt as maintained by the Virginia Treasurer's Office, 1880-1892</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...