The Resource 1757-1795
- Inclusive dates
- Papers, 1757-1795, of Alexander McDougall (1732-1786) including correspondence, military returns, and one orderly book (1776). Military records and letters of leading officers of the American Revolution relate primarily to the building of fortifications at West Point and to McDougall's experience in the Hudson Highlands
- Biographical or historical data
- Alexander McDougall (1732-1786), a prosperous New York merchant, was an extreme radical in his condemnation of the English and his promotion of the cause of the American colonies. He served in the Revolutionary War, and later served in Congress and was the first president of the Bank of New York.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of originals duplicates
- Originals located in the
- New York Historical Society,
ContextContext of 1757-1795
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1757-1795
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/AIEy34FH4bI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/AIEy34FH4bI/">1757-1795</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...