The Resource 1807-1896
- Inclusive dates
- Church records -- Virginia | Scott County
- Baptists -- Virginia | Scott County
- Baptists -- Virginia | Lee County
- Scott County (Va.) -- Church history -- 19th century
- Minute books
- Membership lists
- Copper Creek Church (Lee County, Va.)
- Church records -- Virginia | Lee County
- Copper Creek Church (Scott County, Va.)
- Nickelsville Baptist Church (Scott County, Va.)
- Lee County (Va.) -- Church history -- 19th century
- These minutes cover the period from 21 February 1807 to 16 February 1856, and from 15 May 1885 to 15 August 1896. The minutes for the early years are brief and not always fully recorded. Records for the gap between the two date ranges were destroyed by fire. Membership lists appear on pages 59-70, 139 (1890), and 156 (1893). Pages 104 and 105 contain names of members resolved to be no longer known as Copper Creek Church, and page 123 (1885), members "so far as could be ascertained after the fire."
- Biographical or historical data
- Copper Creek Church was organized in the area of Lee County, Virginia, which became Scott County when that county was formed in 1814. With the growth of the anti-missionary movement, the membership became sharply divided. The group supporting missions withdrew and built its own church at Nickelsville which was dedicated in 1855.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Minute book
ContextContext of 1807-1896
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1807-1896
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/AVGbRtCvUAY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/AVGbRtCvUAY/">1807-1896</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...