The Resource Frederick County (Va.) Deed Books, 1743-1785
- Frederick County (Va.) Deed Books, 1743-1785
- Inclusive dates
- Military records -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Deeds -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Land records -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Frederick County (Va.) -- History -- 18th century
- Courts-martial and courts of inquiry. -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Frederick County (Va.)
- Local government records -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Deed Books, 1743-1785, of Frederick County Court. The deed book records the name of the grantor and grantee, the residence of both individuals and the description of property being sold or transferred. The volumes have indexes which contains the first and last names of both parties. It is arranged alphabetically from A-Z. Deed Book No. 18, 1778-1780 have court martial records (1755-1761). Court martial is a military court that determines punishment for members of the military subject to military law. The court martial records include the following information: the date, the name of the soldier and the company they are affiliated with and the name of the captain giving the fine and the amount of the fine
- Biographical or historical data
- Frederick County was formed in 1738 (government established 1743) from Orange County. Part of Augusta County was added later.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Frederick Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records On Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Frederick County (Va.) Deed Books, 1743-1785
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Frederick County (Va.) Deed Books, 1743-1785
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/AaH35OgeomQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/AaH35OgeomQ/">Frederick County (Va.) Deed Books, 1743-1785</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...