The Resource Caroline County (Va.) Records, 1818-1888
- Caroline County (Va.) Records, 1818-1888
- Inclusive dates
- Virginia -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Caroline County (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Local government records -- Virginia | Caroline County
- Veterans. -- Virginia | Caroline County
- Military pensions. -- Virginia | Caroline County
- Caroline County (Va.) -- History
- Caroline County (Va.)
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Caroline County (Va.) Military and Pension Records, 1818-1888, include Revolutionary War pension applications, exemption requests from military service, reports of indigent soldiers' families, militia fines, militia appointments,and records related destitute soldiers and artificial limbs. Collection includes an April Fool joke written by an unidentified soldier during the Civil War
- Biographical or historical data
- Caroline County was named for Caroline of Anspach, wife of King George II. It was formed from Essex, King and Queen, and King William Counties on 1 May 1728, and additional parts of King and Queen County were added in 1742 and in 1763. The county seat is Bowling Green.
- Most loose records and deed books prior to 1836 and will books prior to 1853 were stolen, mutilated, and/or destroyed by Union troops who ransacked the courthouse in May 1864. A near-complete run of order books exists.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Caroline County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional Caroline County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of Caroline County (Va.) Records, 1818-1888
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Caroline County (Va.) Records, 1818-1888
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/BKIHj5-PCOE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/BKIHj5-PCOE/">Caroline County (Va.) Records, 1818-1888</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...