The Resource 1862-1863
- Inclusive dates
- Papers, 1862-1863, of Leonidas William Spratt (ca. 1818-1903) of South Carolina, while he was serving as commissary in Gregg's Brigade during the Civil War. Includes provision returns, receipts, requisitions, invoices, reports, orders, and other official records. There are also a few letters written to him discussing political and war news
- Biographical or historical data
- Leonidas William Spratt was a member of the South Carolina Secession Convention. He was a strong advocate of secession, and was sent to Florida to try to convince that state to join with South Carolina. During the Civil War, he served as commissary in Gregg's Brigade. Spratt was editor of the Southern Standard, established in Charleston in 1853. He was a cousin of President James Polk. Spratt died in Jacksonville, Florida on 4 October 1903.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1862-1863
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1862-1863
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/BWDhGBjEtj8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/BWDhGBjEtj8/">1862-1863</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...