The Resource 1844-1854
- Inclusive dates
- Washington G. Singleton Daybook, 1844-1854, an attorney who practiced in the courts of Frederick, Clarke, Rappahannock and Warren Counties. It records in chronological order Singleton's legal activities. Each entry lists name of client or court case, service rendered, and amount owed or paid. Payments made by cash, credit, or barter, such as wood. Services rendered include legal representation in chancery, debt, and other suits, writing deeds, legal counsel, and payment of legal fees
- Biographical or historical data
- Washington George Singleton, son of Joshua and Nancy Wynne Singleton, was born in 1798 in Virginia. He married Maria Antoinette Waite on 26 April 1823. In 1828 began what would become a successful law practice. His success led to his appointment by President Jackson as United States Attorney for the Western District of Virginia in 1834. He served for eight years in that office and then returned to his private practice in Winchester. Singleton, who practiced law until his death in 1866, also was elected the Clerk of the Superior Court of the Chancery in 1858. He continued to practice law until his death in 1866.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Washington G. Singleton Daybook
- Location of other archival material
- See also Washington G. Singleton Papers, 1805-1866, available on microfilm at the Library of Virginia.
ContextContext of 1844-1854
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1844-1854
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Bh3pLR0BF1c/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Bh3pLR0BF1c/">1844-1854</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...