The Resource 1833-1834
- Inclusive dates
- Taverns (Inns) -- Virginia | Westmoreland County
- Daybooks -- Virginia | Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- James R. Atwill and Brother (Westmoreland County, Va.)
- Barter -- Virginia | Westmoreland County
- Alcoholic beverages -- Virginia | Westmoreland County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Westmoreland County
- Business records -- Virginia | Westmoreland County
- Daybook, 1833-1834, of James R. Atwill and Brother, a tavern, that records transactions in chronological order. Information found in each entry includes name of customer, form of transaction, amount owed, form of payment, and amount paid. Transactions include room and board, meals, drinks, and horsefeed. Drinks sold include grog, toddy, whiskey, brandy, wine, cider, and julep. Payments made by cash and barter of items such as lamb
- Biographical or historical data
- James R. Atwill and Brother was a tavern owned by James R. Atwill and his brother John L. Atwill that conducted business during the early nineteenth century in Westmoreland Court House, Virginia.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1833-1834
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1833-1834
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/BhXrfNvMP_w/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/BhXrfNvMP_w/">1833-1834</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...