The Resource General operational records of the Virginia Land Office, 1769-1920
- General operational records of the Virginia Land Office, 1769-1920
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain records generally related to the operations of the Land Office but which do not fit into any existing series, including memoranda pertaining to searches of the records made by office clerks for unnamed individuals, warrants, post office box receipts, unrecorded caveats and surveys,preemption certificates, and fragments
- A number of papers do not appear to be related to Land Office affairs, including lottery tickets authorized by the board of the Literary Fund, 1819;an account of sales of furniture for Gervas S. Burton, 1855; the draft of a speech about a painting to be unveiled at Yorktown, undated; a J.K. Cilley & Co. price list for furs and pelts, with handwritten survey notes on the back, 1887; a Craven County, North Carolina, court abstract involving the supposed disappearance at sea of an individual, 1834; a pamphlet from the Committee for the Relief of the Poor for the city of Richmond, 1881; and a United States Weather Bureau 12th monthly report of the Virginia Weather Service, 1892
- Other documents in the collection include a commission for Francis Wilks as justice of the peace in South Carolina, 1819; an invoice from the Richmond and York River Rail Road Company, 1855; a list of delinquent lands purchased by the Commonwealth in Tucker County, 1860; a handdrawn map of Alexander Farm in Buckingham County along the James River; and a set of land grants issued to Chester H. Markham in 1928
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Land Office (Search Virginia Land Office as author).
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 15
- Citation source
- Land Office Inventory
ContextContext of General operational records of the Virginia Land Office, 1769-1920
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work General operational records of the Virginia Land Office, 1769-1920
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/C4CTQAgHioM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/C4CTQAgHioM/">General operational records of the Virginia Land Office, 1769-1920</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...