The Resource Clover Hill Railroad Company records, 1844-1886
- Clover Hill Railroad Company records, 1844-1886
- Inclusive dates
- Contains letters sent to the board financial reports dated 1844, 1847, 1867-1868, 1870-1871, 1875, 1877 and 1886
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- The company was incorporated by an act of the General Assembly of February 5, 1841. The road ran from Clover Hill, in Chesterfield County, to Petersburg, Virginia. It was built to haul coal from the Clover Hill coal pits to Petersburg, Virginia, where it would interchange with the Richmond and Petersburg Railroad leased the Clover Hill Railroad until 1875 when the Clover Hill Railroad defaulted.
- After defaulting, the road was reorganized and purchased by its bond holders. In 1877 the road was acquired by the Brighthope Railway Company. This road had been built in 1853 as a coal hauler and ran from Eppes Falls, in Chesterfield County, to Bermuda, Virginia by an act of the General Assembly of March 5, 1888 the Brighthope Railway merged with the Farmville and Danville Railroad Company.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 130
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory.
ContextContext of Clover Hill Railroad Company records, 1844-1886
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Clover Hill Railroad Company records, 1844-1886
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/C5fpTA6_HyA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/C5fpTA6_HyA/">Clover Hill Railroad Company records, 1844-1886</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...