The Resource Accounts against the state of Virginia, 1780
- Accounts against the state of Virginia, 1780
- Inclusive dates
- This account book records the issue of supplies to members of the Illinois regiment, many of whom are named. Some of the supplies mentioned: linen, muslin, combs, flannel, velvet, writing paper, metal buttons, rum, sugar, handkerchiefs, and ink pots. John Dodge and Israel Dodge are the agents who kept the accounts
- Various accounts due John Dodge and Israel Dodge from the state for supplies furnished for use of the Illinois Department. Included inventories of sundries purchased in New Orleans and other places and transferred to the department; lists of sundries issued to various persons; abstracts of issues of merchandise; abstracts of vouchers; a listing of entries in an unspecified volume, some copies attested to in 1783. No arrangment and no index
- Additional physical form
- Also available on Misc. Reel 406.
- Biographical or historical data
- The office of the state agent and commissary of stores was created by an ordinance passed by the third revolutionary convention on August 21, 1775. In 1777 the office was divided, and different persons were appointed state agent and commissary of stores. William Armistead, who served as commissary of stores until the office was discontinued in February 1782, was responsible for the storage and distribution of supplies acquired by the state agent's office for the troops in the Illinois country, in Pennsylvania, and in Virginia. After February 1782 the commissary's functions were assumed first by the commercial agent, then by the quartermaster general in October 1782.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Accounts against the state of Virginia, 1780
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Accounts against the state of Virginia, 1780
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/CJ4S01UT4J0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/CJ4S01UT4J0/">Accounts against the state of Virginia, 1780</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...