The Resource Marysville Plank Road Company records, 1851-1861
- Marysville Plank Road Company records, 1851-1861
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, reports, lists of stockholders, and certificates of stock subscriptions, for the years 1851-1857, 1859-1861
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed May 13, 1852, authorized incorporation of the Marysville Plank Road Company, to construct a road from Charlotte Courthouse to the Richmond and Danville Railroad, at some point between Keysville and Overby's Store in Charlotte County; the Company was authorized to continue the road from Charlotte Courthouse to some point on Cub Creek. March 8, 1853, state subscription was authorized at $3 of every $2 of private subscriptions, of the original $25,000 capital stock. February 28, 1854, the Company was authorized to extend the road to some point in Campbell County, with one or more lateral branches not to exceed ten miles in length, and stock was increased to $35,000. March 21, 1860, the Company was permitted to lay iron rails on the track, and change the name to the Marysville Rail Road Company. A further change was permission to extend the road from the terminus at Charlotte Courthouse to any point of the Staunton River, thus eliminating the route into Campbell County.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 323
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Marysville Plank Road Company records, 1851-1861
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Marysville Plank Road Company records, 1851-1861
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/CQ4vpYsbakk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/CQ4vpYsbakk/">Marysville Plank Road Company records, 1851-1861</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...